This is one of my top questions just about every day: Which hot dog cart should I buy? What's the best cart for me? Let me give you a quick explanation of this important decision!
How to Choose a Hot Dog Cart?
Things to consider:
- Steam table space
- Bells and whistles
- Thinking about a deep fryer? Most states DO NOT allow a deep fryer on a cart, so check your rules!
- How many sinks does your state require?
- What you think you want vs what you really need
- Don't get cart accessories you can't use or can't get approved
- Does your city restrict the size of your cart?
- Will you be using your cart on public or private property?
- Will you be catering?
Watch these videos for more discussion about getting informed and making the right choice before you spend a nickel on a hot dog cart!
Which Cart Should I Buy?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you probably are not ready to spend money on a cart. Since I'm not in the business of selling people equipment they can't use, I really recommend that you do your “due diligence” before you buy anything.
Go look at the free training and get the information you need so you can buy a cart that will be approved. You would not want to spend your money on a cart only to find out your inspector will not approve it.