If you're looking for food truck success, this one is for you.
Times are tough. Ain’t no doubt about it. We’ve got wars, pandemics, inflation, you name it. Problems everywhere.
Many food truck and trailer vendors are struggling to make it. Some of them have alrady closed down.
But they should be making MORE MONEY!
Yeah, that’s what I said.
There are tons of vendors killin’ it right now.
Well, in this video, I sit back down with my good friend, Jason Brown of Love Food Truck to tell ya how to pivot for food truck success… but it also applies to trailers, and street food vending in general.
What’s in this episode?
- (3:50): How to deal with supply problems.
- Pivot, adapt. Change your menu if you have to.
- Make menu items go futher, by using them for more than one dish.
- Like pulled pork in sandwiches, bowls, wraps, or as a topping on dogs, or a burrito.
- (5:30): Donuts! The prices are through the roof, and the size, shrinking!
- Offer mini Belgian waffles instead!
- Add toppings to them
- Use your donut oven to make them!
- (7:00): Don’t Panic!
- Make sure you have backups to your backups
- Work with other vendors
- Jason set up a schedule to take turns in different neighborhoods during Covid
- (7:50): What if you’ve pigeonholed yourself?
- You’re a cheeseteak vendor with no steak?
- Swap out, tell your customers what’s happening, make burgers instead!
- Roll with the changes man!
- (8:30): Inflation is crazy. 30-60% increases coming down the pike.
- What to do?
- Again, roll with it. Can’t get foil? Use paper boats, or visa versa.
- (10:00): Think ahead and you’ll survive!
- (11:00): During Covid, vendors were killin’ it!
- A Coffee cart in California, selling to a hospital, making $10,000/week!
- (11:30): Open your mind! You are on wheels man. Move!
- (13:00): Tell your customers what’s going on. They get it.
- (13:20) People still go out to eat, even when times are bad. Why? They want a treat!
- (14:00): Katilin of Kait’s Karts
- Serving preordered meals/fridge meals
- Got a new commissary to do it
- Now in a brick and mortar
- (14:30): Raise Your Prices!
- Across the board to cover future costs
- Don’t nickel n dime your customers
- (16:10): Delivery?
- Uber Eats… high cost. Take a big percentage of your profit
- Can’t control the quality of your food
- (17:20): Some events requiring compostable cups/plates, etc. Can’t get them right now!
- (18:20): Be Proactive, not Reactive!
- Pivot man!
- Do catering
- Other events
- Offer new products if you have to
- (21:30): Jason’s Pork Slider Profit Magic!
- 1 sandwich- $8 or 4 sliders- $16!
- With the same amount of pork!!!
- (22:30): Don’t try to save money. Raise the prices!
- (23:00): Again, use the same food product for several menu items
- (24:20): Jason’s Watermelon Ceviche recipe!
- (25:20): Put the candy at eye level for the kids!
- Join VU! And get loads of advice from seasoned vendors
- (26:45): Drunkin Street Corn
- At breweries. Use their beer and Cross-market with the brewery!
- (28:00): Candy & Desserts!
- (30:00): Catering school events
- Contact Jason and book him for a consult.
- He don’t sugar coat it, man.
- He’ll tell you exactly what you need to do.
- “Get out of your own way!”
- Grow some thick skin.
- (37:00): Should you get a hot dog roller?
- Only for dropoff catering…
- (39:00): Don’t feel guilty for being successful.
As Jason says,
“Entrepreneurs change ‘I wish’ to ‘I will!”
Here’s the video. Watch it now!
Well there ya have it!
A TON of advice to help you pivot in the tough times, no matter when they come. If you have wheels, keep rollin’!
STARTING ON A BUDGET? »» CLICK To Learn MoreStart your own street food business with a small investment – [CLICK HERE]
FREE HELP VIDEOS! »» CLICK For Free TEXT Notifications
DONE FOR YOU!! - I'm excited about it after years of folks requesting it. It's 100% free for you. I go live on YouTube a lot. And some want to be notified moments before I do. If you do... then get on the list here...[Ben's going LIVE list]
MY COURSE BOOK - Everything you need to know about getting started, my journey, my secrets...all the goodies that changed my life, and how it was done -[CLICK HERE]
HOW TO GET THE BEST LOCATION FOR YOUR CART! - How To Get Any Location You Want - The "Most Wanted Secret" Any Vendor Wants To Know! -[CLICK HERE]
FREE BOTTLED WATER HACK! - Apply a couple little tricks, get free water, sell it for whatever you want and keep all the money! -[CLICK HERE]
HOW TO GRILL, STEAM & BOIL LIKE A PRO! - Get "STEAM, BOIL & GRILL" Now and learn Live from a Pro! -[CLICK HERE]
BUILD YOUR OWN CART - From home, saving a bunch of money. Easy way to get started - [CLICK HERE]
HOW TO START ON A BUDGET - Start your own street food business with a small investment - [CLICK HERE]
ALREADY VENDING AND WANTING TO GROW? - I have created a training wizard that can help you concur any part of the business you want. No matter the state you're in...no matter if you're brand new or have already gotten started - [CLICK HERE]