Grilled Cheese Means Great Money
Hey, folks! Recently, we had a question from a vendor who wants to add grilled cheese sandwiches to her menu. She is considering grilled cheese as a children's menu item, to give parents an option for kids who might be too young for hot dogs.
However, have you ever seen a street food vendor selling just grilled cheese sandwiches? Gourmet grilled cheese vendors are out there, and they are doing some great business!
If you have a flat grill or a griddle on your hot dog cart, you can make these sandwiches. And if you want to get fancy, you can add a panini press for sandwiches. It melts cheese quickly and evenly, grills both sides of the sandwich at once, and creates those pretty lines on the sandwich. People love the way that looks!
But even if you only have a griddle on a burner, consider the possibilities of cheese sandwiches for your cart, or for catering events!
Specialty Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
Tips for great grilled cheese sandwiches:
- Use good quality bread
- Use slices of cheese instead of shredded cheese
- Try a mixture of butter and mayo to spread on the bread
- Come up with a specialty combination, like cheddar-bacon-apple
Of course, don't forget about the classic American cheese on white bread sandwich. Kids love it, and that kind of cheese melts like a dream!
Other ideas for gourmet grilled cheese recipes:
- Cheese, bacon and a tomato slice
- Triple cheese – use cheddar, muenster, and swiss
- Pesto, provolone and mozzarella
- Pepper jack cheese and jalapenos
- Mozzarella, pepperoni, and marinara sauce
- Cream cheese and cranberry sauce
- Cheddar cheese with peppers and salsa
Search Google for some great recipe ideas, and you'll find lots of inspiration. And if you have other ideas or questions about selling grilled cheese from a food cart or catering cart, post a comment here or on I Love Street Food Vending on Facebook!