OH NO – SAY IT AIN'T SO
After years working with the National Assoc. of Hot Dog Vendors and then the Mobile Food Vendors Assoc. BensCarts.com, LearnHotDogs.com and Hot Dog Vendor Radio have parted ways from the MFVA.
Not to bore you to tears, but from my perspective and the feedback I've been getting things just weren't looking good. I hate it but it needed done.
I know many of you joined the MFVA, in part, to get discounts at store.benscarts.com. Nothings changed there. Your special pricing will remain forever at BensCarts.com. I created a group discount called: Hot Dog Mafia and added anyone that was already registered at BensCarts for the special pricing – over to the new discounts. So for you, nothing changed.
NOTHING has changed with your membership at the MFVA. All I've done is given existing MFVA members a way to still get the discounts on the store.benscarts.com site. You lose nothing.
WHY DON'T YOU START A GROUP?
I think it would be great if a few of you started an association for street food vendors. I know there exists some already but there needs to be one core group. These splinter groups started because of enormous egos and testosterone are futile. They serve only to split the voice that we need as a whole.
Maybe one day, someone will begin a great group, one that can grow and become an icon for us vendors. If there ever is one AND AFTER IT HAS GOTTEN UP AND RUNNING, I would consider taking part – helping to expand it and getting the word out. So keep that in mind if you have the inclination.
HDVR 57 – THIS SHOW WAS INCREDIBLE
- Randy in TN: How long should I stay at a location that is not performing?
- Pans are getting nasty – what can I do?
- Mom & Pops Pups calls in about needing 3 carts RIGHT NOW!
- HELP: getting on the Hot Dog Vendor Radio chat line
- John Cavanaugh calls in to share about his new location and financing for $2.00
- Vendor making THOUSANDS EVERY MONTH at a junk yard
- Roxanne calls in: Things have been very slooooooooooow.
- Larry calls in!!!!!! You MUST hear this story.
- Duggs Doggs is in PA on vacation, but he still called in and shared
- From the Feedback line: $1.00 hot dogs – is that too cheap!
- AZ vendor – pricing hot dogs
- Brian Shores calls in. Eltz Hot Dogs Son of Biiiitch!
- Working with charities to get access to better locations (lots of tips on this section)
- Jimmy's Hot Dogs calls in and shares some tips and advice
- Cory Lawrence from O'Doggy's calls in with updates
- Setting up on a college campus
NO PERMITS FOR VETS!
Michael Wood, Jimmy and Brian Shores call in about the little know secrets for vendors regarding the waiver of fees and permitting. That's exciting and afterall – who is more deserving than those who protect our freedoms!?!
Michael Wood shares a link for more info: http://veterans.georgia.gov/
ATTENTION FULL TIME AND SERIOUS VENDORS!
Do you have a website? You need one, it's one of the best things to use to keep customers up to date, to post specials, to gain new customers and to spread your name. Best of all – it's easy and I've found the Mac-daddy of hosting services. It's called BlueHost and they are super cheap and have the best platform on the market.
Literally in less than 10 minutes you can open an account, pick a website name and have a website open for business. The folks over at BlueHost make it easy. Even better, your signup helps support this blog! So if you are planning on getting a website started, you can't do better than BlueHost.