Free! Yes, I said FREE!
Your just starting out, you've already spent money on educating yourself (hopefully not more than about $30) about the hot dog vending business, your cart is up and running and you would like to get an internet presence. Maybe a facebook and twitter too.
Here's how easy it is:
- Go to a site like www.wordpress.com Here you can create your very own website for free. There are tips and tutorials, built in SEO (a search engine feature) and much more. You pick a name and your new free web address becomes www.wordpress.com/yourcompanyname Also look at www.blogger.com
- You can go to a site like www.hostgator.com or www.godaddy.com and buy a domain name if you prefer. This gives you your own unique web address, such as HotDogCartStore.com This will cost a few dollars a month for hosting but it comes with a free website builder and tons of free templates that give you features that would rival the professional sites. One of the easiest ways to go.
- For other free sites, do a google search for free website. You will find many.
Now what about getting a website built by a pro? Let someone else do all the work for you. I am going to give you several great ways to do this without spending all your freak'n money.
- The lady that built this site will build you a customized 5 page site with all the cool stuff for only $200 (No, I don't make one red cent)
- Elance: Just post a job and you will be bombarded with offers to build a site from $100 to $1000, you will get samples, 100% satisfaction and you can get some of the most dynamic and creative sites made for pennies on the dollar.
Have you heard about the radio show? It's here, it's live and it's free!
***Update*** Roadfood vendors are spreading the wealth as well, check out what websites are being recommended for doing a free site.