Sure – it's really easy for anyone to give you the positive aspects of anything they are excited about. But who'd give you the negatives too? I DO! These are the pros and cons of hot dog vending and I've just updated it after 9 years.
The Pros and Cons Of Hot Dog Vending
Cons – The NEGATIVES Of Hot Dog Vending
- It's hard work
- You must be self driven – self motivated
- Business setup can be overwhelming
- Food Safety Certification
- Resale certificate
- Sourcing food
- Creating your menu
- Figuring out the pricing
- And then you have to find the right
- Back up locations
- Marketing outlets
Granted – most of which is required for starting any business. Some of these – they can be daunting. It can be overwhelming.
BUT THE GOOD NEWS!
Most of the above – is once and done – type stuff. As in… you do it once and never again. And usually it can all be done within a few days.
Pros – The Positives Of Hot Dog Vending
Yes! I'm a tad bit biased but I wanted you to have all the cons first. No sense reading on if something there has the potential to stop you in your tracks later.
I've helped over 40,000 people get started in vending. And before you say… “OH MY GAWWWWD! The market is probably saturated…” – watch this: https://youtu.be/OMtDeeOwtLo *beware: fat Ben
- Freedom like never before
- the average vendor works lunch shifts (11 to 2) THAT'S IT.
- the average vendor works less than 5 days a week
- no boss to call for time off
- you schedule your time yourself as you need
- You set your income – you can expand easily and make as much as you want
- Much of your income is cash
- You can do drop off catering
- Regular catering
- Private Gigs
- Dedicated gigs
- Your business has a real value and can be sold / duplicated (rinsed and repeated)
- You can start with very little money
- You can start with no money
- You can be in the black (positive cash flow) immediately
- You have almost no risk
- You can change locations to suit your income (restaurants can't)
The list goes on… but for me – it was about providing for my family – having extra cash – and NOT working a job.
Keep learning. You'll find pros and cons of hot dog vending on your own. Likely finding more positives that outweigh any negative potential. Learn and do your due diligence (look before you leap type stuff)