On HDVR show number 33, we answered Hot Dog Vendor Questions for a few people that came through the www.benscarts.com/learn/feedback page. This show flew by and with the new one hour format it seemed it was over 2 minutes after we started.
This weeks contest challenge is below.
Thanks to the following for the great questions:
What other ways can I get money other than conventional loans and financing?
Cathy – Mississippi
Is it better to let customers put on their own condiments or should I do it for them? What methods are best?
Mark – Tennessee
I have heard that Nashville, TN restricts the use of cheese and chili. Do you know anything about that?
Eric – Florida
It seems Florida restricts the selling of chili and onions. How can I get around this issue? Eric, you received an extra dose of good fortune, fellow vendor, Bill McConnell has offered to help you answer some of these questions. THANKS BILL!
Click play above and listen to the answers.
For those just getting started, I have recently made available some exclusive training videos. The A to Z course is my most comprehensive course ever and will walk you through the nitty gritty of getting started, like:
- Working around restrictive zoning codes
- Finding the right cart
- Determining your menu options
- Getting legal'd up and much much more.
This past week I also released the Boil, Steam and Grill tutorial videos. Learn the methods and which way is best all videoed from a live cart.
Help a vendor!
Bob the builder is building his hot dog cart and has created a crowd sourcing project. Just like State Bear hot dogs, he needs our help! Let's do it! Even if only a dollar or two, let's show him our support and help him get started. He's already so very close to meeting his goal. Donate Here
Set up a professional website
After last weeks magic button show, I created two videos to help you build your new Facebook Business page and set up your Twitter page. It's all free and if you need a website, I also provide that information as well. Check it out here. You can even win 10 extra entries into the great hot dog cart giveaway by setting up your new Facebook and Twitter pages.
What the heck is that? Pinterest is a great photo sharing site that you can link to your Facebook and Twitter and more. BensCarts.com has a big Pinterest page and your pictures are being proudly displayed there. Don't have one? Simply post a picture to our Facebook page and I'll add it on Pinterest for you. Share a photo of your menu, a hot dog or your cart.
Did you know that you could win a hot dog cart, a brand spank'n new Cash Cow cart by simply posting comments on the blog, posting pics and info on our Facebook page? Yup, easy as that. Each week, those that post and comment on here and on Facebook are eligible to receive extra entries inot the hot dog cart giveaway.
Bacon Jam Recipe from Jason Brown
- 1 1/2 pounds sliced bacon, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniels
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high, stirring occasionally, until fat is rendered and bacon is lightly browned, about 20 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet (reserve for another use); add onions and garlic, and cook until onions are translucent, about 6 minutes. Add vinegar, brown sugar, maple syrup, and coffee,Jack Daniels and bring to a boil, stirring and scraping up browned bits from skillet with a wooden spoon, about 2 minutes. Add bacon and stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a 6-quart slow cooker and cook on high, uncovered, until liquid is syrupy, 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Transfer to a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped. Let cool, then refrigerate in airtight containers, up to 4 weeks.
This week is simple!
Snap a photo of a hot dog made on your hot dog cart or in your kitchen, post it on our Facebook page and win 2 extra entries. Everyone that posts a picture wins 2 extra entries into the great hot dog cart giveaway this December. You have from now until next Tuesday at 8:30PM to post up.
Want another opportunity? Post a picture of yourself or a loved one, holding my course book: Hot Dogs Saved My Life – post it up on our Facebook page and win 2 more entries.