Welcome to Street Food Vendor TV and HDVR 184
In HDVR 184, Ben (Hot Dog Cart Store) and Jason (Love Food Truck Co.) answer questions from professional and prospective food vendors! If you have a question for the pros, send it in and we'll try to get you the information you need to be successful in your own mobile food business!
Topics covered in this week's show:
- Vendor of the Week: Ooblies Waffle Food Truck
- No food carts in Las Vegas?
- Trouble finding a commissary kitchen to use for food preparation
- If selling hot dogs is so great, why isn't everybody running a food cart? All I get is negativity from family and friends!
- How to plan for a big event? Check out this post on Thunder Dogs.
- I have $1.17 into a quality dog that sells for $4. … $1.57 into a dog that sells for $5. Add a .24 cent chips and .25 cent coke for $1 more. Is that a successful food cost margin?
- If you want to add something to your cart, try lemonade!
- If your Sam's Club is closing, stock up on clearance goods
- Vendors chime in – can't go wrong with a Cater Pro cart
Links mentioned in this show:
- Thunder Dogs big event
- How to pay and manage employees
- To get a logo template or have somebody design one, try Fiverr.com or Upwork.com or Themeforest.net