Ben, how hard is it to start a street food business or hot dog cart? Today I want to answer that common question I get so often.
I’m not gonna talk about starting a food truck or trailer. They’re way more expensive and risky, and as such, way harder.
I’m just gonna talk about carts and food stands (tents n tables).
In the video:
- How the risk of starting a hot dog cart or street food stand is next to nill.
- Yeah, it’s still hard work!
- You’re hiring yourself!
- You have to show up to work!
“Hey man, I hear you can just stand at the bank an’ they’ll throw money at ya!”
- Unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way.
- (2:45) Some tips I’ve learned to save my back and make the job easier.
- Use smaller coolers!
- Will you be overwhelmed? Probably…
- Yeah, there’s paperwork, permits, inspections, red tape.
- But most of that is ‘once n done.’
- And taxes… just hire an accountant. It’s the cost of doing business, and worth every penny!
- (5:00) Thinking ahead is the key:
- Track your #s and inventory
- Keep records! This is how you know what works and what doesn’t.
- (8:30) How to narrow down on the best days and locations.
- My factory job. How I went from 7 days a week, to 2, and made more money!
- “Make a plan, work the plan.”
This stuff is fail proof! It works, every time, if you actually do it.
Here’s the video – Hard is it to Start a Street Food Business. Watch it!
Enjoy! And don’t forget to comment if you have any questions!