Howdy folks, today is Street Food Q&A day!
Y’all leave so many great questions that I need to take at least one day per week to answer as many as I can.
So today’s video is a Q&A for street food vendors, and anyone thinking of vending hot dogs, cottage food, or whatever!
What questions and answers will you find in this one?
- “Can I shadow a vendor for a day to learn the ropes?” Yes! You can sign up and schedule a day here! Get the inside scoop on vending from the real pros. (3:45)
- “Will a $950 DIY cart work?” (4:50) Hell yeah! Let it buy your next cart! Don’t hawk your kidneys! Click here to order the kit complete with instructions and videos to show you how to build it!
- Vendor Success Stories! (6:30)
- Cottage Food! Just get started!
- Like Dee’s Delicious Cookies!
- And Diana’s Bloom Cakes!
- Viewer comment: “You need $5000 to start up in my state!” (9:20) Wrong! I know the codes in every state. You don’t need a bunch of money to start. You can build your own cart! Or get started without a cart, even selling hot dogs!
- “What hot dogs should I serve?” (10:20)
- Look in your grocery store. What do they sell the most of?
- Do a taste test with friends and family! Cut them up into bites, no buns or condiments!
- Doesn’t matter what YOU like to eat. You’re not selling dogs to yourself.
- “Is there money in selling Shaved Ice?” (11:50) Ohhh yeah! We have loads of vendors selling it. Also, snow cones, lemonade, cotton candy!
- “Can you really make money selling popcorn?” (12:20) Uhhhh, yeah! And here’s how to get started with very little money, in your own kitchen!
- “Do I need a license to sell hot dogs?” Yes, in pretty much every state. The codes are different in every state. I cover that in this long article. I even cover how to do it without a license, if you have to get started before getting it.
- Only 1 sink allowed in Florida! (15:50). Yep, it’s weird but true. Most states require more than one. That’s why you need to do your due diligence to make sure what is allowed in your state before you buy a cart.
- “Can I sell cornbread at my local farmers market?” (19:30) You betcha! And you probably don’t need a license, or a commercial kitchen! Check out cottagefoodlaws.com where I have every single state’s cottage food codes translated into regular English! Just look for your state!
- “How do I find events where I can sell food?” 22:15 Check your Chamber of Commerce! Go here, where you’ll find a few articles on events. You’ll learn all the ins and outs of doing events and how to mitigate the risks involved.
- “Which cart should I buy?” (24:52) The #1 question of all time! For my answer, go here for my top ten questions and answers.
- To get started with little to no money, start at KitchenIncome.com! (30:00) like:
- Diana’s Bloomcakes: lost their jobs, sold tons of cupcakes from home!
- Payshee’s Popcorn: started in the kitchen, now make kettle-corn in a huge kettle!
Watch the video, now!
And join Vendors United!
- Because there are thousands of seasoned professionals in there!
- If you ask questions and follow the advice, it will explode your business! In a good way, not like a bomb or anything.
- You’ll beat most of the learning curves, because we’ve already made all the mistakes and can guide you around them!
- Get timely advice on our private Facebook Group! Thousands of vendors!
AND IT’S FREE FOR FIVE DAYS! Get the first 5 days, for free! Unlimited access to everything!